This is what you’ll need
- A large piece of white paper
- Some crayons or markers
- Assorted colored paper. Origami, construction paper, anything will do. For this craft I especially need various kinds of green, brown, and metallic silver and gold.
- A hole-punch
- Glue (I prefer the stick kind.)
1. First, on the white paper, draw the outline of the tree in green, the trunk in brown and the star in yellow.
2. Then rip up the colored paper into small pieces. Also use the hole-punch and make multi-colored dots.
3. Glue-on the colored pieces , arranging them more or less within the outline. If the pieces overlap, that’s fine. In fact it’s better. It gives a terraced effect. Using various shades of green and brown looks better. Use gold for the star. You might have to cut triangular shapes to make the star fit.
4. Glue-on the dots to look like Christmas lights.
5. Cut thin strips of gold and silver and glue them on for the tinsel.
This craft is so simple and easy to do in no-time. I used it here for a Christmas tree, but you could apply it to anything. Make a Robot, fish, or dragon. Let your imagination go, great for a rainy day. Have fun!