- piece of black or blue construction paper
- star stickers
- Teach about the constellations and show some examples. It's kind of like connect the dots with stars.
- As an example, draw about 8 or 10 stars on the board at random. Ask the kids what they think it looks like and connect the dots.
- Give each child a piece of paper and some star stickers. Have students stick them on anywhere they want.
- Use chalk to connect the dots.
- They can give a name to their original constellations and show the class.
This was a cool activity. I drew these same dots on the board and asked the kids what it was. They almost unanimously yelled out "Turtle!" and told me how to connect the dots.