Here's another, simple craft idea for the nursery rhyme Hey Diddle Diddle(the one on the right). This website also includes a paper plate cow craft.
- Hey Diddle Diddle coloring sheet(website)
- card stock or white construction paper
- cow template(website)
- tongue depressor or Popsicle stick
- box cutter or sharp knife(to be used by an adult)
- Print out the templates from the website.
- It's recommended that you glue the templates to card stock or construction paper beforehand to give them strength.
- Color the coloring sheet and cow.
- Cut out cow and tape to a Popsicle stick to make a puppet.
- The teacher cuts a slit on the dotted line of the coloring sheet. Insert the puppet and make the cow jump over the moon.
Here's the website with the templates:
All Kids Network