- Hey Diddle Diddle templates from website
- paper towel roll
- blue construction paper
- paper stars
- Visit the DLTK website(link below) and print out the Hey Diddle Diddle characters template.
- Decorate the paper towel roll with blue paper and stars to make a night sky.
- Color and cut out all the characters. There are 2 mirror images to sandwich together.
- Glue the characters together with the a length of string in the middle.
- Tie the strings to the cardboard tube.
- Tie another piece of yarn through the tube and hang up.
Here's the original site with the templates:
Hey Diddle Diddle Mobile
I really like this craft and the cartoons look great, but the disadvantage is that there are 8 characters, all with 2 mirror images. That's A LOT of coloring and cutting for little kids.
- 4 or 5 characters from coloring pages
- 2 disposable chopsticks tied in the middle
- Tie chopsticks at the top to make a cross.
- Color and cut out pictures.
- Tape to pieces of yarn.
- Tape the yarn to the ends of the chopsticks and hang up.