You can make a cute pinwheel from a paper cup.
- 1 paper cup
- thin dowel rod or disposable chopstick
- drinking straw
- masking tape
- Poke a hole in the center of the bottom of a paper cup.
- Using scissors, cut slits down the sides of the cup all the way around making about 8 or 9 segments. Leave about a quarter of an inch at the bottom of the cup.
- Fold the segments down at a slight angle to make the pinwheel shape.
- Wrap masking tape around the end of a a thin dowel or chopstick.
- Slip on a length of a drinking straw. The dowel should stick out of the other end.
- Put the pinwheel on the dowel in front of the straw, the bottom of the cup facing out. There should still be some dowel sticking out.
- Wrap masking tape around the dowel in front of the pinwheel so it can spin freely, but not fall off.
- Decorate the front of your pinwheel if desired.
- Hold your pinwheel in the wind or run to make it spin.