Here's a name rocket craft great for your school's space week.
- construction paper including sheets of black paper
- marker or crayons
- star stickers or paper stars
- glitter glue
- Beforehand cut a lot of squares and triangles from various colors of construction paper. Each child needs one triangle and one square for each letter in their name.
- Give each student sheet of black construction paper, a triangle and squares for their names.
- Students write each letter of their names on the squares.
- Glue the squares on the black paper to make the name rocket. Put the triangle on top.
- Glue stars in the sky.
- Add lines of glitter glue at the bottom of the rocket for flames. You could also use pipe cleaners.
- Put all the rockets on the bulletin board.