Here's a great Easter Egg activity that is also a gargening lesson. You can measure your eggheads daily and keep track of their growth.
- egg dye or paint
- potting soil
- grass seed
- google eyes
- black marker
- construction paper
- Carefully break the top of an egg. Clean and allow to dry(Don't forget to eat the egg!)
- Paint or dye the egg tan, yellow, or pink(skin tone colors) Allow to dry.
- Cut strips of construction paper 1 inch or so thick. Decorate and then glue the ends together to make an egg stand.
- Carefully draw a face and add eyes on your egg.
- Fill with potting soil and sprinkle grass seed.
- This is a great spring activity. You can measure their growth and make a chart.
- Do an experimnt; 1 egg gets no sun, 1 no water, 1 no air, 1 no soil and predict what will happen. Check daily and record the results.
- If desired, store all your eg heads together in an egg carton.
- You could make the egg carton look like a bus and the eggheads are the students.
- Don't forget to put each students' name on their egg.