Here's a simple idea for a nice Mother's Day card using a paper plate. Sorry, the one pictured here my daughter made got a little smushed, but you get the idea.
- paper plate
- various colored construction paper
- Beforehand cut out simple, various colored flower shapes from construction paper. Also cut out small green stems and leaves from green paper.
- To make the border, trace the paper plate on a piece of construction paper and cut out the edge with a pair of zigzag craft scissors and cut in half.
- Draw a picture of mom with the message "I love you"
- Fold the paper plate in half with the bottom on the outside.
- Glue the the rim on both sides of the paper plate.
- Glue 3 stems with leaves and 3 flowers flowers on the front.
- Write the letters, "M", "O", "M" on each flower.