Here's how to make a simple and functional race car toy craft from a toilet paper roll.
- toilet paper roll
- craft knife
- 4 two liter bottle caps
- hole punch
- drinking straw
- 2 long toothpicks
- push pin
- toy driver(not included)
- Paint your toilet paper roll and allow to dry. This one is blue. Add racing stripes or a number if you like.
- Use a craft knife to cut a square hole for your driver to sit in.
- Punch holes on either side of each end of the toilet roll.
- Cut 2 straw pieces about 2 inches long. Insert through the holes at each end.
- Use a push pin to make holes in the center of 4 bottle caps.
- Insert a toothpick through each straw.
- Push each end of the toothpick through the hole in the bottle caps.
- Insert a racer and race your cars.