Here's a patriotic 4th of July heart pin craft that is easy and a good match to the 4th of July star pin.
- card stock or cardboard from a cereal box
- heart cookie cutter or template pattern(from link below)
- red, white, and blue tissue paper
- safety pin
- Use a cookie cutter or template to trace a heart onto cardboard.
- Use a ruler to draw 3 straight lines to divide the heart.
- Cut 3 colors of tissue paper into 1 inch squares beforehand.
- Spread glue over 1 section of the star. Crumple tissue squares into balls and stick to the heart. Continue and fill in the section.
- Repeat with each section and color. Allow to dry.
- Cut a thin strip of cardboard, stick through the middle of the safety pin, and glue down onto the back of the heart. The cardboard strip will hold the pin in place. Allow to dry. Add a little tape just to be extra secure.
- Wear your home made patriotic pin on the 4th of July.
source: craft ideas