Here's a really simple and fun idea. Make a fun spinning top toy from cardboard and a pencil.
- cardboard(a cereal box works well)
- white paper
- cup or lid to trace the circle
- pencil(3-4 inches long)
- Glue white paperonto cardboard. It's easier to decorate on white paper.
- Trace a circle and cut out.
- Divide circle into sections and color in. Or decorate however you like.
- Poke a hole in the middle and insert a short pencil.
The pencil will draw as it spins, so it's better to play on a piece of paper. See who's top can last the longest.
Source: The Wonder Years