Here's a simple, pirate sword craft made from cardboard and aluminum foil. Great for a Halloween party costume or prop for your play. It's easy to make and so much more satisfying than a store bought sword.
- Draw your sword with handle on a large piece of cardboard and cut out. There are 2 example swords pictured. If there is a label, you might want to tear that off at least the handle part if you plan to paint.
- Paint the handle on both sides. Red, brown, or gold are good choices. Allow to dry.
- Apply a little bit of glue to the blade and wrap with a large piece of aluminum foil. Actually, you don't need glue, but it will make the foil more secure.
- Add a few dabs of glue onto the handle and sprinkle on glitter to simulate gold or jewels. Allow to dry.
- Don't forget to make a pirate hat to go along with your sword. Maybe an eye patch, too.