Make this really cute summer octopus craft from wooden spools and pipe cleaners. It's posible, too.
- 1 wooden egg
- 8 large wooden spools(5/8" x 3/4")
- 16 medium wooden spools(1/2" x 1/2")
- 16 small wooden spools(1/2" x 3/8")
- 40 large beads
- 4 long, pink, pipe cleaners(12")
- pink, white, and black acrylic paint
- strong glue or glue gun
- Paint wooden egg and all the spools and beads pink. Allow to dry.
- Twist 4 pink pipe cleaners in the middle. Spread the ends to look like an octopus.
- For each arm of your octopus, thread on the big spool, then 2 medium spools, and 2 mall spools. Thread a bead between each spool as you go. Put a bead on after the last spool and twist the end of the pipe cleaner to secure each leg.
- Trace and paint eyes and a mouth on your egg.
- Glue the egg securely to the middle of your octopus.
- Tie a ribbon around your octopus' neck.
Variation: You could adapt the same concept to make a spider craft for Halloween.
Complete tutorial with photos from: Plaid Kids Crafts