Here are a couple of versions of a paper cup Chinese Dragon craft.
- paper cups
- sharp pencil
- toilet paper rolls
- decorating materials(pipe cleaners, Styrofoam balls, colorful paper, etc.)
- Poke a hole in the bottom of all the cups with a sharp pencil.
- Cut the toilet rolls into short rings.
- Tie a big knot in a string and thread onto a paper cup so the knot is on the inside.
- Thread on a toilet roll ring, then another cup. The toilet roll rings allow a little space between the cups so they can move.
- Continue this process until your dragon is long enough.
- For the head, you can just decorate the last cup or cut 2 "V" shapes on either side of a cup and thread on the opposite way to make a mouth.
- Decorate your dragon; add colorful paper, pipe cleaner horns, eyes etc.
Go here for a PDF tutorial
Adding the toilet roll rings adds weight to the dragon. Another alternative is punch holes on either sides and attach the cups with brass fasteners/butterfly clips.