This is a classic Halloween paper lantern craft from Japan. It's really fun to do with a class.
- orange and black paper
- black marker
- hole punch
- Take a sheet of orange paper and fold it in half lengthwise.
- Cut slits along the fold halfway to the other side, every inch or so down the length of the paper.
- Unfold the paper, roll into a tube and glue in place. Push down slightly to make the sides stand out.
- For the face you have 2 options; Cut out black eyes, nose, and mouth and glue on, or Draw a face with a black marker before cut the slits.
- Punch 2 hole in the top and thread a ribbon through. Or, Cut a strip from orange paper and glue on for a handle.