This simple clock craft can be used to teach the nursery rhyme Hickory Dickory Dock, or simply as a time and clock reading activity, or both.
- paper plate
- template of traceable numbers 1-12
- card stock
- sharp pencil
- hole punch
- brass fasteners (butterfly clip)
- Beforehand teacher prepares a copy of traceable numbers 1-12 and cuts simple short and long clock hands for each student.
- Students decorate their paper plate and clock hands as they like.
- Trace or color the numbers 1-12 and glue on to make your clock (Sorry, 12 and 1 fell off this example).
- Punch a hole in the clock hands and attach to the paper plate with a brass fastener.