This is the same as the Father's Day pencil holder, but here, we made a flower vase for Mother's Day.
- toilet paper roll
- paper clay
- paint, brushes
- cardboard, cereal box
- Trace a circle on cardboard or a cereal box about 8 cm or 3 inches across and cut out. This is about an inch or so wider than the the end of the toilet roll.
- Flatten out the paper clay to an even thickness about 0.2 inches or 0.5 cm.
- Trace a rectangle about 11.5 x 13 cm (4.5 x 5 inches) in the clay with a putty knife and peel off the excess. This will wrap around the toilet roll. An easy way is to take another toilet roll, cut lengthwise, flatten, and trace around it, but with a little extra the long way.
- Smear glue on the clay and toilet roll and roll and roll the clay around.
- Glue the wrapped toilet roll to the cardboard base.
- Glue more clay around the base. Allow to dry a little.
- Paint the pencil holder and put the message, "I Love Mom". She'll love it.
Father's Day version: