This is a cute idea I got from a friend. Turn a small box into a mini fireplace complete with fire and stockings.
- small box (a tissue box works great)
- checkered fabric to resemble bricks
- wooden chopsticks
- red and white felt
- thread( green is nice)
- Cut a rectangular opening in the side of the box for the fireplace.
- Cut pieces of fabric and completely cover the outside of the box.
- Cut some disposable chopsticks into small pieces for logs. Color the ends red with a marker.
- Cut a piece of jagged red/yellow felt for fire.
- Glue the pieces inside for the fire.
- Cut some little stocking and/or snowmen shapes from felt.
- Thread the pieces on a length of thread and attach to the front, so they hang in front of the fireplace.
You could go all out and make little Christmas trees to go on the mantle.