- 1 sheet of white construction paper
- Reindeer head cutout from brown construction paper
- Circle cutout from red construction paper for the nose
- Red or brown tempura paint
- Shallow tray
- Black marker or crayon
1. Glue on reindeer head to the bottom of a sheet of white construction paper.
2. Use black marker to draw two eyes and lines to accent the ears.
3. Glue on the red circle for the nose.
4. Pour red or brown paint into a shallow tray and have students press both hands into it.
5. Press hands on top of the reindeer’s head to make the antlers. Allow to dry.
At our Christmas party, I used one of these reindeers to play “Pin-the-nose on the reindeer” game. I put the reindeer head with only a circle for a nose on the wall and gave a red nose to each student with their name on it. One by one, we blindfolded them and spun them around and let them go. Whoever was the closest to the circle was the winner. We didn’t use a blindfold, but an oversized Santa hat. What fun! Merry Christmas.