- shoe box lid or other box lid
- scrap cardboard
- crayons to decorate
- scrap paper
- imagination (required)
- Talk about mazes and show some examples. Then, let students draw their maze design on paper.
- Cut out strips of cardboard and glue on the lid to create the maze.
- They can draw arrows to show the path.
- They can use paper to make tunnels or small ramps to make it more challenging.
- Use cardboard and paper to create flags to show "Start", and "Finish".
- Place an acorn at the start. Tilt the lid and roll the acorn through the maze.