- sheet of light blue construction paper
- snowman cut outs
- set of three different hats and scarves to cut out or pre-cut to save time
- Create snowman template and three hats and scarves
- Talk to the students about snowmen. Read a book or sing Frosty the Snowman. Talk about a snowman's clothes.
- Students can color and cut out hats and scarves or teacher does it beforehand. Or make them from colored construction paper. Put tape on the back to stick.
- Glue the snowman to the blue paper.
- Put tape on top of the head and neck of the snowman to act as a laminae.
- Kids mix and match the hats and scarves.
This craft can be used in many ways, to teach color matching, winter, clothes, and math. Make a laminated set to keep in the class for kids to use at play time.
Here's a template to use: