Here's a fun toy you can make from disposable chopsticks and rubber bands to launch an acorn or small ball or marble into a cup.
- 2 sets of disposable chopsticks(the kind that are fused together)
- 2 short lengths of a chopstick, cut and taped together
- rubber bands
- drink bottle cap
- ammunition(acorns, super balls, marbles)
- Using a box cutter, score and break off 2 short pieces from a chopstick(about 1 inch long). Tape together to make the fulcrum for the spring.
- Place 2 sets of disposable chopsticks on top of each other and tie the small ends with rubber bands and cover with tape.
- Place the fulcrum between them bout 2 inches from the end and tie several times with rubber bands.
- Tape a drink bottle lid near the big end of the chopsticks.
- Place an acorn in the lid, press down on the chopsticks and try to shoot the acorn into a cup.