This is a simple way to make a cool robot from old boxes. It encourages creativity and recycling, too.
- paper boxes of all shapes and sizes.
- large square of cardboard
- glue, markers, and any other recycled decorating materials
- Long before craft day, send a note home with students to bring in as many boxes as they can; cereal boxes, snack boxes, film boxes, tissue boxes, soap boxes, crayon boxes, milk cartons, etc.
- Give each student a large piece of cardboard as a background.
- Students choose and arrange the boxes into a robot or other design. Then glue against the background. It their creation can stand up, that's fine, too.
- Decorate and add details to your robots.