Monday, January 16, 2012

Eggshell Collage Craft



This is a really colorful craft idea for a collage using dyed eggshells. It's also a  good way to recycle all those eggs. It'd be a good idea to make the dyed eggshells far in advance and keep a stock of them on hand for various crafts.

Materials:

  • egg shells
  • Easter egg dyes or food coloring
  • vinegar or lemon juice
  • cups
  • paper
  • glue

Directions:

Colored Eggshells

  1. Rinse and allow egg shells to dry after cooking. Be sure to remove the inner membrane.
  2. Put into a ziplock bag and break into small pieces. Don't pulverize them.
  3. Place water and food coloring into small cups. Pour in the eggshells. Adding a little vinegar or lemon juice will create a stronger color. Remove and allow to dry. Separate your various colors.

Collage Craft

  1. Draw a design on paper with glue.
  2. Cover with eggshells and pour off the excess.

or..

Draw a design with crayons and put glue on the inside decorate.

2 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to let you know that I've featured another great craft on Fun Family Crafts! You can see it here:
    http://funfamilycrafts.com/eggshell-easter-collage/


    If you have other kid friendly crafts, I'd love it if you would submit them. :) If you would like to display a
    featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the picture of the egg shell flower, I think it was your site. Can you tell me who I might ask for permission to use it in my Ted Talk? It is very familiar to something I did in grade school. Just a fun little slide and I want to credit.

    ReplyDelete

Submit your craft! Do you have a great craft tutorial or idea you want to share and reach a wider audience? Visit my Submit page and my new, easy-to-use submission form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...