This is a cute Easter Bunny paper mache craft I found online. It can be done simply as a display, or fill it with candy for a pinata As with all paper mache projects, it's very important that it completely dry before applying the next layer, usually about 24 hours. For these kinds of projects, I usually make 3 layers. This will take several days to complete. Students could work on it a little each day over the week. Paper mache is messy and wet. Be sure students wear smocks and cover your work area, but NOT with newspaper. It will stick to your balloon. Use a big plastic tarp if you can.
- 1 large balloon
- large bowl
- white and pink construction paper
- big google eyes
- black pipe cleaners
- Beforehand, tear newspaper into lots of strips.
- Blow up and tie your balloon.
- Mix flour and water in a large bowl to make the glue.
- Dip newspaper strips in the glue and completely cover the balloon. Allow to dry completely before applying the next layer(Usually, the next day)
- Apply 2 more layers of paper mache
- Paint the balloon white.
- Cut out and glue on big ears and feet. Put some pink in the center of the ears. The narrow part of the balloon is the top.
- Glue some cotton on the front for the lips.
- Glue on a pink pom pom for a nose.
- Glue on black pipe cleaners for whiskers.
- Glue on 2 big google eyes.
- Finally, pop the balloon. Display or fill with Easter candy.