Here's a cute idea to turn an ordinary egg into a flying bee decoraion for Easter.
- raw egg
- push pin
- bottle cap
- black, yellow, and red paint
- fishing line
- First, blow out your egg; poke a small hole in each end with a pushpin, hold over a bowl, and blow out the raw egg. Wash and allow to dry.
- Cover work surface with newspper. Paint your egg completely yellow. Place on a bottle cap to dry.
- Paint 2 thick, black stripes. Allow to dry.
- Using a toothpick, paint on a face, you might also use small google eyes.
- Cut a small oval from tissue paper, pinch in the middle, and glue on to your bee.
- Thread fishing line through a needle and push through the egg.
- Hang up your bee using both ends of the fishing line.
Original idea from Disney's Family Fun