Here's a very simple recipe for making play dough from water, flour, and salt. It's good if you need a lot of play dough and keep down the budget.
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 cups of salt
- 3 cups of water
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Cream of Tartar
- a few drops of food coloring
- Mix all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium low het until the dough becomes very thick and comes off the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool until it can be handled.
- Place on counter or waxed paper and kneed several times.
- Store in an air tight container. I don't recommend storing in a plastic bag as it may stay too wet.