Here's a really original and simple idea for a modern looking rainbow mobile. Also great for St. Patrick's Day. The mobile pictured uses construction paper strips. This is a good project to use scrap paper strips you're probably saving already. Or, I also like the idea of using craft sticks(Popsicle sticks). You can buy colored craft sticks or paint your own.
- construction paper in rainbow colors or craft sticks(Popsicle sticks) in rainbow colors
- string or white thread
- 2.5 inch Styrofoam ball
- gold glitter
- Cut thin rectangular strips from paper in rainbow colors. The mobile pictured used 8.5x1 inch strips. Or use craft sticks.
- Brush glue all over the Styrofoam ball and cover in glitter. Allow to dry.
- Tape the strips or sticks along a piece of string or white thread in the order of the rainbow.The mobile pictured used 4 strips for each color. Leave about an inch between each strip. Leave a generous amount of extra string at both ends.
- Thread the needle on the purple end and push all the way through the center of the gold glitter ball. Tie the bottom.
- Hang the other end up.