- compressed sponge
- shamrock template
- fast sprouting seeds like alfalfa or bean sprouts
- tin pan or plate
- plastic wrap
- Find a nice shamrock template or simpl draw your own. Trace and cut out a big shamrock from a sponge.
- Wet the sponge and squeese out the excess water.
- Place on a tin pan and put a little water.
- Cover the tp with seeds and place in a sunny place.
- Hopefully, in a few days, the seeds will sprout to make a fuzzy, living shamrock.
- Keep the sponge moist. At night, lightly cover with plastic wrap to prevent drying.
If you choose the right seeds, it can also be a nutrition lesson. Pull up the sprouts and put on a salad.