- blue and green felt or construction paper
- old gallon milk jug
- sharp knife
- white glue
- cotton balls
- Have an adult cut the top off an old gallon milk jug, but leave the handle.
- Cut some big land shapes from green felt and glue onto the jug. They don't have to be realistic, just the concept. They can wrap around corners, too.
- Glue blue felt scraps all over the rest of the jug. Wrap a little bit over the opening as the edges might be sharp.
- Glue on some cotton balls for clouds. Allow everything to dry.
- Poke some holes in the bottom for drainage.
- Fill with small rocks and potting soil. Plant flower seeds in your Earth Day Jug Planter.