Here's a cute owl craft made from a paper bag. You can use it for a gift bag or simple stuff him and display.
- brown paper bag
- gold foil paper
- white, black, and brown paper
- Cut about 4 inches off the top of three sides of the paper bag, leaving a triangular flap on 1 side.
- Make little snips with scissors to make a feathered surface on the front or simple cut an oval from yellow paper and glue on.
- Tape the corners in on the bottom of the bag to create a rounded bottom.
- Cut simple wing shapes from brown or scrap paper bag and glue on the sides.
- Cut out big circles from gold foil paper. Fold circles in half and then fold into many small segments. Unfold.
- Cut out 2 medium sized white circles and 2 small black circles. Glue the black on white, then the white on the gold circles.
- Glue eyes to the front flap.
- Cut out a triangular beak from brown paper and glue to the tip of the flap. Fold down the flap and pinch the corners for ears.
- Fill your owl with tissue paper. Use as a gift bag if desired.
Source: dSharp Journal