I thought this is a great idea to make a drinking straw collage truck craft. This one is a drinking straw truck, but it's just an example of what's possible. You could make a log cabin, castle, train, robot, the sky's the limit.
- lots of drinking straws
- 2 pieces of construction paper
- 2 plastic bottle caps
- Draw a very simple truck on construction paper. Use big, simple shapes like squares and rectangles. Keep it simple. Don't forget the tires.
- Now the fun part, cut straws and start to cover the truck with the pieces. adjust the lengths as you need. You could put ones sticking up for smoke stacks or make an exhaust pipe.
- After you've cut all the straws, them cover the truck generously with white glue. Put on all the straws as you id at first. Put on bottle caps for the wheels. Allow to dry.
- Cut out around your truck. You might need some help from an adult with an exacto knife.
- Draw ground on another piece of construction paper with crayons. You could use black for a night sky, blue for day or any other color.
- Glue your truck to the background.
- Draw details on the paper like headlight beams, smoke, birds, etc.