Here's a simple bird paper plate craft that rocks back and forth. This one is a green parrot, but you could adapt it to another color or bird.
- 1 large paper plate
- 1 small paper plate or card stock
- green paint, paintbrushes
- green and white paper
- 2 google eyes
- exacto knife
- Paint the bottom of a paper plate green and allow to dry. Add details of feathers with green markers.
- Gently fold the plate in half. From the line measure about 1.5 inches to each side. Draw a line on each side and fold the paper plate down. This will create the shape so it rocks back and forth.
- Draw and cut out the bird's head like the one shown from a small paper plate or card stock.
- Use paint or markers to color both sides of the head; orange for the beak and orange, red or brown for the feathers on top of the head. Cut slits for the feathers on top.
- Glue google eyes on either side of the head.
- Use an exacto knife(adults only) to cut a slit on the middle line of the plate and stick in the head.
- Trace and cut out wings and tail feathers and glue on.
- Rock your bird back and forth.