- 2 paper plates
- crayons, markers
- tissue paper squares
- dry beans or popcorn
- hole punch
- Use crayons or glue on scrap pieces of paper to decorate 2 paper plates.
- Stack the paper plates and punch holes about every 1.5 to 2 inches all the way around both rims.
- Put one paper plate face up and put some dry beans or popcorn.
- Pipe glue all the way around the edge and sandwich the other paper plate on to so the holes line up. Allow to dry.(optional)
- Cut a piece of yarn about 3 feet long. Wrap one end with a little scotch tape to make threading easier.
- Thread the yarn through one set of holes and around the other side to the next set and so on all the way around the rim. Pull taunt, tie a knot around the end, and cut off the excess.
- Shake your tambourine/shaker.