This is a really fun craft for President's Day. Make a Powdered wig just like George Washington used to wear.
- brown paper grocery bag
- lots of cotton balls
- white glue and paintbrush
- Cut any handles off the bag.
- Fold the bag and lay down flat, smooth side up. From the open end of the bag draw a square window slightly bigger than your child's head. The bottom of the bag will be the top of the wig. If the bag is too tall, trim as necessary.
- Cut out the window on the front side. Put it on his head to check the size.
- Cut the along the edges of the bag in back so the sides hang freely. Later you will tie the back into a pony tail.
- Use a paintbrush and cover the entire bag with glue and cover in cotton balls to look like an old powdered wig. Allow to dry.
- Tie the back flap with a ribbon to make the pony tail.
This is a great craft to do along with the George Washington hatchet craft.
Source: Parents Connect