Here's a really fun President's Day Lincoln log cabin craft that kids can mostly do on their own and brings out their creativity.
- white paper
- brown construction paper
- a penny
- Have students cut the brown paper into strips. Draw lines for them to cut or let them go free handed.
- Glue on strips for the walls and roof to make the outline of the house. Glue more strips horizontally to fill in the log cabin. Trim the strips as necessary.
- Cut a rectangular door and 2 square windows.
- Glue on a penny so it looks like Lincoln is looking out the window.
- If desired, add a black chimney.
Source: All Kids Network