- old paperback book
- exacto knife
- glue gun
- tea bag
- Cut a simple half pumpkin/apple shape with one straight side from cardboard for your template.
- Remove the cover from the book.
- Close the book and place your template on the book with the flat side even with the book's spine. Trace or simply hold in place and cut allong the lines with an exacto knife. You have to keep cutting through again and again until you reach the end of the book.
- Trim the edges with scissors.
- Brew some tea. Use the wet tea bag to stain the edges of the book pages.
- Place a short stick along the spine of the book sticking up a little from the top. Hot glue in place.
- Fold some pages around the stick and glue in place. Use a closepin to close and keep in place until dry.
- Tie a ribbon atound the stem. Display your recycled book pumpkin.
Source: Craftberry Bush