- Beforehand, trace an cut out a simple tree shape. If you plan to make 4 of these crafts, make 4 trees with the same template. Or trace a hand print for the tree.
- Use brushes or fingers to paint on a blue sky and green grass. Use a little white to make the colors brighter and give the illusion of clouds. Allow to dry.
- Glue the tree into your summer scene.
- Cut a piece of bubble wrap, about the same size as the top of the tree.
- Paint the bubble wrap green.
- Press onto the tree to make the leaves.
- Use finger and thumb prints to make butterflies and flowers.
- After dry, use a thin brush or toothpick to add the flower stems and the butterfly antennae.
Source: Red Ted's Art Blog