Here's a really simple Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Pumpkin lantern craft idea from Japan.
The example pictured here used a kind of colored corrugated cardboard or plastic, but you could easily use orange card stock. Follow the link for a full picture tutorial complete with cute kids.
- orange colored corrugated cardboard or card stock
- green felt
- black marker
- craft knife (adult only)
- tea light candle
- Cut a piece of orange cardboard or card stock about 12 x 5 inches.
- Draw a Jack-O-Lantern face in the middle with a black marker.
- Have an adult cut out the face with a craft knife.
- Round off the top corners with scissors so it has a nice round pumpkin shape. The back should be about 1 inch wide.
- Roll into a tube and staple or glue in the back.
- Cut a green triangle from felt or paper and tape to the top for a leaf.
- Cut a tea light candle in the back and let your little Jack-O-Lantern shine.