This is a super simple recycled craft that's great for Earth Day or anytime.
- old magazines or glossy newspaper ads.
- glue stick
- yarn or string
- a pencil
- Cut strips out of old magazines or newspapers about 1 inch wide and 4 inches long. Cut as many strips as you want beads.
- Cover the top half of one strip with glue.
- Start at the bottom and roll the strip on a pencil all the way to the top into a tiny tube bead. Slip the bead off the pencil. Repeat as many times as necessary.
- String the beads on a length of yarn or string, tie and make a colorful bead necklace.