Here's a cute coin bank craft you can make from recycled milk cartons.
- 2 milk cartons
- 2 letter sized pieces of cardboard/cereal box
- drinking straws
- various colored construction paper
- electrical tape
- pipe cleaner
- Cut the top off of one milk carton. Wrap and decorate with construction paper.
- Cut the top off of another milk carton and cut in half lengthwise. Make a side for the open end. Cut two holes in the bottom and lace a pipe cleaner through for a handle. This will be the drawer of the bank to catch the coins.(Actually a drawer isn't absolutely necessary, but works better.
- Decorate one piece of letter cardboard with colored paper. Attach the other piece to the back of the bank as a support like an "A" frame.
- Cut lengths of drinking straws and glue to the front of the bank for the coins to roll down.
- Cut a hole at the bottom for the bank.
- Decorate your bank with sea life or any other theme you like.