I wanted to try something different with bubble rap instead of just painting. I used a toilet paper roll and some tissue paper and made a corn on the cob.
- toilet paper roll
- bubble wrap
- yellow tissue paper
- glue, water, brush
- green paper
- A toilet paper roll is about 4.25 inches long and 4.7 inches around. The easiest way to measure is to cut one lengthwise and unroll flat. Measure and cut a piece of bubble wrap about 5 inches wide and 10 inches long. This will wrap around a toilet roll tube with more sticking out at on end.
- Spread glue all over the toilet roll and wrap with the bubble wrap so the bubbles are out.
- Brush on some watered down glue and roll a sheet of yellow tissue paper around the roll. Cut off any excess.
- Measure a length of green paper wide enough to wrap around the roll and slightly taller than your corn.
- Fold in three sections and cut tall leaf shapes for the husk.
- Wrap and glue or better yet, staple the bottom part of the husk around your corn.
- Peal down the leaves. Don't worry if the crinkle or tear. It looks better that way.