- sheet of black construction paper cut in half lengthwise
- outlines of moon phases and their names
- yellow crayon
- Prepare simple drawings of the four main phases of the moon and their names: full moon, half moon, crescent moon, and sliver.
- Students cut out moons and names.
- Fold black paper in half and then half again to make four equal sections.
- Students glue on the moons in correct order and the names below.
- Color the moons yellow.
- Don't forget to teach them new moon, you can't see it.