This is a simple craft that looks like a seal popping its head up out of icy water. Great for a unit on arctic animals or winter.
- 9" x 6" piece of cardboard
- 6" x 5" piece of gray construction paper
- 9" x 6" sheet of aluminum foil
- 2 wiggle eyes
- black marker and crayons
- Beforehand, talk about arctic seals and show pictures. Highlight the seals markings.
- Glue the foil down on the cardboard.
- Draw a jagged star-like shape on the other side of the cardboard and cut it out. The teacher may have to help with a box cutter. When you turn it over, you have a jagged looking hole of icy water.
- Draw and cut out a simple, triangular, seal head shape from gray construction paper.
- Use a marker to draw on the seal's nose, mouth, and whiskers. Use crayons to draw patterned skin and glue on google eyes.
- Glue the seal head onto the middle of the icy water.