This is a simple and colorful necklace you can make from leftover pieces of construction paper.
- length of colored string, about 15" long
- colored construction paper scraps
- large darning needle
- gold paint in shallow dishes
- Tear off different colored pieces of construction paper into 7 pieces, about 4" x 4".
- Crumple up each piece into a small, tight ball.
- Roll the balls gently in gold paint so the colored paper still shows through. Allow to dry.
- Use a skewer to make a hole through the center of each ball to make a bead. The teacher must do this part or at least help.
- Thread the string through the needle and tie a knot 4" from the end. Thread the beads onto the string. Then tie a knot after the last bead. Tie the ends of the string around your neck.