This is a very simple toy craft idea from my daughter's Japanese elementary school book.
- 2 paper cups
- paper scraps
- sharp pencil and push pin
- 2 rubber bands
- 4 paper clips
- With the open side down, draw a rabbit face on the side of 1 paper cup. Cut and tape on a couple paper ears.
- With a push pin, make 2 holes on either side of the paper rabbit cup near the open end. The holes should line up on the other side of the cup. Enlarge the holes a bit with a harp pencil.
- From the inside, push a rubber band through one hole. Loop the end through a paper clip and tape it down to the outside of the cup to anchor it. Do the same with the other end on the opposite side of the cup. Repeat this with the second rubber band ad set of holes. When you're done, if you look down into the cup, the rubber bands form a cross with 4 paper clips taped to the outside of the cup.
- Push the rabbit cup down on op of the second cup. When you let go, the rabbit jumps up in the air.