This is a great idea from the Teach Preschool site. These craft stick magnet shapes ate very easy to make and useful for toddlers if you have a whiteboard handy.
- colored Popsicle sticks or craft sticks
- small round magnets
- glue gun or other strong glue
- Colored craft sticks are easy to buy at any craft store or color your own Popsicle sticks beforehand.
- Glue the sticks together in simple geometric shapes like triangles, squares, and diamonds. A glue gun is faster or use regular glue.
- Glue small round magnets to the back of your shapes. Allow to dry.
You can also glue magnets to the back of individual sticks. Use the sticks and shapes to do matching, color, and counting activities. You'll find these valuable materials to use again and again.