Here's a funny hat craft my daughter came home with from her Japanese elementary school. It was funny, everyone at home had different opinion of what kind of hat it was. My dauhter said it was a birthday hat, I thought it was a princess hat, my younger daughter said it was a witch hat, and my wife said it was a clown's circus hat. All of the above are good answers. Whatever hat it is, you're kids will have a ball making and wearing it.
- large sheet of pink sketching paper
- colorful paper and fabric scraps
- colorful string or paper twine
- Roll the pink paper into a large cone and tape together.
- Cut a "V" in the front so it fits better.
- Cut and glue on paper and fabric scraps to decorate. At the top, she folded a scrap piece of origami paper into a jewel.
- Tape a length of string on either side for a strap.
- Wear at the play, your next costume party, or anytime.