Here's a cute craft my daughter did. They were teaching 2nd graders how to use a small craft knife like a box cutter in her Japanese elementary school. Only do this under adult supervision. Use it to make a secret door and window house. It really lets kids imagination grow.
- sheet of white card stock
- colored paper
- craft knife
- cutting surface.
- Put your white card on your cutting surface.
- Draw door or window shapes that can open.
- Carefully cut the shapes with your craft knife, leaving one side for the hinge.
- Cut pieces of colorful paper big enough to fit behind each door, window and glue in place.
- Open the doors and draw a little picture behind each.
Use the same concept to make your own advent calender.