This Thanksgiving Day Turkey Hat is so cute and fun to make. Make it from a paper bag and constructionj paper.
- brown paper lunch bag
- red, yellow, orange, and brown construction paper
- turkey body template(from site below)
- Follow the link below and print out the turkey head and bodytemplate and print out onto brown construction paper or trace and cut out.
- Trace and cut out several oval shaped turkey feathers from various colors.
- Lay the brown paper lunch bag down flat. Starting from the bottom end, cut a 1.5 inch wide strip on one side all the way and stop about 1.5 inches from the open end of the bag. Cut off the strip. There will be a little square tab left. This will be the bottom of the hat and will help attach the tail feathers. Draw a line with a ruler and pencil ore you cut for help.
- Cut along the dotted line on the turkey template, fold the flaps in opposite directions an glue to the bottom of the paper bag.
- Insert the tail feathers in the open end of the bag and stapple the opening shut.
- Open the hat and put it on. Happy Thanksgiving!
Source: My Kids Make